Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Flanges

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Flanges

I'm almost ready to start my 70 ElCamino LS1 swap but have run into an issue finding Exhaust flanges to fit my 2001 Camaro Exhaust manifolds. My local exhaust shop doesn't have them and can't find any (small town). I don't know why GM decided to put two strange sized bolt patterns on these damn things!
I'm not running cats, so all I need is the flanges....
What did everyone else do? I could cut my own with the plasma cutter, but am worried about warping the steel and not getting a good gasket surface.

Thanks for you help.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had my Muffler shop just cut the old flanges off and used them. No problems..

Other have had them made.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

I bought the manifolds without the cats or any other goodies attached. I can get of flanges from a guy down by you in SJ for $80, I only paid $45 for the manifolds and gaskets.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I got the Stainless Works headers for my 02 they didn't have flanges so I just got some V-Band clamps.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

If I would have got the Hooker LS1 swap headers, this wouldn't have been a problem. I just didn't want to spend the $550 on them yet...
Who does your exhaust work in Willows? Maybe they have a set of used flanges... BTW Silverado, I work in Orland, and frequent ThunderHill in my RX-7, you ever get up my way?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rotoober
If I would have got the Hooker LS1 swap headers, this wouldn't have been a problem. I just didn't want to spend the $550 on them yet...
Who does your exhaust work in Willows? Maybe they have a set of used flanges... BTW Silverado, I work in Orland, and frequent ThunderHill in my RX-7, you ever get up my way?
Oh ****! I didn't even notice you are in Corning! I do my own exhaust work, nobody is really worth while here.... If all you want is a set of flanges I have a guy that owes me some money at one of the local shops I can look as see if he has one. Just let me know what the specs are on the flange and I'll check it out. Where do you work in Orland? I'm always up around Orland but I rarely make it to Corning. There's not really anything to do up there is there?

BTW: If my guy at the shop doesn't have any I can fab you up some if you like. Also, I LOVE RX-7s!

Quick Reply: Exhaust Flanges