Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 in a fox.. Fuel and Cam ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 in a fox.. Fuel and Cam ?

Well i have an 89 LX and im putting an 01 LS1 in it with a T-56 and i was just wondering how big of a cam people are putting in their LS1's. I want some drive ability but i also want to run some good times at the track. One of my friends told me to go real agressive with it because the car is so light? MY other ? is how is everone setting up there fuel (EFI), in other words fuel pump, tank, lines injectors, and what ever else i may need? would like to get it done before the summer any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt got with too big of a cam because of overall driveability. I have a comp xer 232/234 with .595/ .598 and love it. I dont think its too big, yet not too small. It is very driveable and still gets great mileage. Some people will say t-rex or magic stick, but I think those are some monster cams for the street. I like the rough idle, but a cam with 240 duration has to be spun way past what a stock bottom end can handle. I would do some searching in the internal engine section for some info on cams. Josh
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive been trying to plan my fuel system, but alot of guys are using the stock EFI pump assembly with a walboro pump, vette filter/regulaors and using the stock lines in some cases... try a search...
Old 07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i did try searching but i really didnt find anything..... i guess if i can leave most of the stock mustang lines and tank and what not on the better.

Quick Reply: LS1 in a fox.. Fuel and Cam ?