On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great!

Video?

Jan
Old 08-03-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tell us more, show us pics, give us a movie! We need to know more!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

What was causing the problem when it would'nt stay running? Just might help me or others down the road. And I too would like to see some pics. Good luck
Old 08-06-2007, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Indyjc
What was causing the problem when it would'nt stay running? Just might help me or others down the road. And I too would like to see some pics. Good luck

Bad fuel injectors.
the noid light said that I was getting great signal at all injectors. but when I pulled the rail with injectors, and attached plastic bags to the ends of the injectors and hit the key....nothing came out! only one injector was barely weeping fuel! so I replaced all injectors and she fired with no problem.

kinda-

the tach (ultralite II) was reading too high at idle, 1600rpm, when it was actually 600 rpm on the scan tool. If you are using the ultralite II tach, the instructions for calibration are wrong both on their site and included with the tach. the dip switches should be configured for a 6 cylinder instead of a 4 cylinder.
Also I am reading about 195-200 on temp (scan tool and panel gauge) and the fans are not coming on. I have manually grounded wires from the pcm connector that go to the relays and both fans work as they are supposed to.
the scan tool tells me that I am getting a signal from the pcm on temp, but might there be another temp sensor that tells pcm to turn on fans???
I thought there was only one at driver side head at the front..?..

Other than that she idles smooth, starts very quick, no leaks, no smoke, lot'sa noise.(via SS headers and Flow's)

Video.... I took one, and I'll try to upload it later. Been flying in and out of town with hardly any time to touch the car or the computer. Gotta warn ya though, nothing is pretty. I am building this car first (motor, brakes, suspension) then taking it all apart for paint.

Thanks for all the help and continued support!
ChrisP
Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Default Doh!

I found out why the fans were not coming on...because they weren't supposed to!!!

I was only letting it get up to 200f-F and shutting it down.
The fans work as they should, turning on at 226f (both at low speed) and turning off at about 219f.
I let her idle for over 30 min and temp never got above 228f.

I'm getting a few EVAP codes that should easily be removed (again) by the programmer. purge solenoid, canister vent, and fuel tank pressure. And while they are at it they can adjust the fans so they come on at at lower temp!

heres a list of 98+ LS1 trouble codes-
http://www.hotrodlane.cc/ONLINETECH/lserrorcodes.htm

ChrisP

Quick Reply: Houston, we have lift off