Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No signal from VSS

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No signal from VSS

I have been out driving for a couple of weeks now with my car and it is a real pleasure to drive.

I have a problem with the Speedo and after running the car with the EFI Live scan tool today I see that I am not getting any VSS signal at all. The scan tool shows 0 speed.

Could the sensor be damaged, all cables looks OK and are connected.
I get a VSS error code in the scantool.

When I first noticed that the Speedo didn't work I wired the speedo directly to the the VSS (spliced so that the PCM still get signal)

I also discovered the the Reverse Lockout don't work but that could just be that the PCM thinks the car is standing still.

I will force drive the Reverse lockout tomorrow with EFI Live.

Jan
Old 08-15-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not the smartest man when it comes to PCMs and what they need to function, but wouldnt you notice some issues driving if the VSS wasnt sending a signal? Like idle decay when coming to a stop and all that?

The VSS is pretty simple to replace..might just try that. Also make sure its getting the power that it needs to function.

I dont think having the speedo hooked to it would cause you any issues... But I hooked my speedo up at the PCM output for the speedo. Check wiring, replace the sensor if you want...then go from there maybe..? Im sure someone else will chime in with more info.

J.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it is a M6.. the PCM doesn't really use must of the single other that to know it is moving and not cause must or any issue in driving. I don't have any VSS signal going to the PCM on my Swap and have only one possible problem.. Idle down/up on stopping.

I would say if EFI is not reading input, try swapping the VSS Sensor out. And yes you can drive a speedo directly from the VSS Signal, so if you have done that... best bet/guess is bad sensor (or plug/wire)

Quick Reply: No signal from VSS