Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny or clutch problem, swapped with custom mounts

Old 09-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny or clutch problem, swapped with custom mounts

I recently swapped a ls1 + t56 into my 240sx and the mounts were custom. I dont know would this really affect my car that much but when I try to get into 4th or 5th(sometimes) it would grind. I replaced the clutch with a ls7 + ls2flywheel combo. It still would grind. But i noticed when i clutch in, something in the transmission would be moving or would shift. I can feel it when i hold the shifter. When the car is running I can shift it to 4th at a stop, but once it starts moving, it would do it again. So I dont really know the problem, the engagement point seems to be pretty low to the ground also. So I'm not sure what is really up, maybe my transmission is busted? maybe its the fact that the transmission angle is too low(end of the transmission pointing down too much)?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

the angle of your transmission has nothing to do with it, that would only cause driveshaft vibrations if you didnt match the angle with the rear end

your trans might need a rebuild.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Teching In

I was afraid that its the transmission. But after changing the clutch and slave cylinder, I suspected it was the transmission but denied it. I'll probably have to suffer driving my 4 speed transmission for awhile 1st 2nd 3rd and 6th ???.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

talk with amber at http://www.sixspeedsinc.com/ when you are ready. They will take good care of ya
Old 09-12-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

It could be the pilot bearing seizing up, but most likely it's something broken in the transmission... I thought I had a slave or pilot problem on mine, and it turned out to be massive damage inside the tranny (all 1-2 slider keys missing, 3-4 slider keys broken, all gears except 5th & 6th almost destroyed).

+1 for sixspeedsinc

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tranny or clutch problem, swapped with custom mounts