Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuse block ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default fuse block ?

tryin to get some stuff together for a future project but have some questions, if someone could help me out

1. have a 98 LS1 engine/T56 harness, how does the underhood fuse block intergrate with the engine harness ?

2. since i have a 98 harness, how does the alternator charging work or what do i need to do to make it work ?

all for now....TIA
Old 09-16-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least for the 99-up the engine harness does integrate with the dash harness actually but its not completely necessary to get that fuse block because you can just plug the appropriate power wires into a custom fuse block or if you have room in your factory one.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Junkie

i'm not seeing where this engine harness connects to the fuse block, there are 2 medum size plugs not connected to anything and 3 smaller plugs that went thru the firewall,I'm assuming those are for the guages and dash lights....thanx for the reply
Old 09-17-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

The three white connectors that are non weatherpak style that go through the firewall are the ones that connect into the dash harness. From what I can tell these are also the wires that provide power to the computer for switched and constant power. Therefore, they must tie into the fuse block either directly or though the dash harness. My guess would be it ties in through the harness rather than plugging directly into the fuse block.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

thanx for the info, been tryin to find a full blown diagram but cant seem to come up with anything....any idea about the 2 big square connectors near the PCM connectors ?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Try the below link and download the Pdf file. It should help you immensely.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ferrerid=48206
Old 09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

thanx for the link...but i still cant verify what the other connectors are for, if they are the c100,c102 etc connectors, there is no way to tell.....
Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pist0lpete
Try the below link and download the Pdf file. It should help you immensely.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ferrerid=48206

BTW, keep in mind, some of the information about the Heads is incorrect in that book. I actually purchased the hardcopy about 4-5 years ago and some of the information on the heads isnt accurate. Also, starting to think some of the information related to the flywheel isnt 100% accurate either since I ordered one and its not correct.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by oange ss
thanx for the link...but i still cant verify what the other connectors are for, if they are the c100,c102 etc connectors, there is no way to tell.....
You have to chase down the pins they are on the computer by wringing them out with a volt meter. Between the schematics on the last few pages of that manual and the pin outs listed on the pages above. Some of the wires won't directly wring out because they go to more than one thing but most will. Alot of times you can make a pretty good guess as to what goes where by its colors.

Quick Reply: fuse block ?