Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC hook up Question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AC hook up Question...

Anyone have hte PCM pinout for a 98 that showes where the AC compressor clutch control comes from?

I figured out the AC request from inside and the relay signal... can't quite figure out how or where the wires that plug into the compressor come from though, my harness came without it

I assme the PCM has a timer that switches the clutch on and off...but my 98 pinout does not have it listed anywhere.. I used the one in the FAQ above to wire the car.

thanks,
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tiago
Anyone have hte PCM pinout for a 98 that showes where the AC compressor clutch control comes from?

I figured out the AC request from inside and the relay signal... can't quite figure out how or where the wires that plug into the compressor come from though, my harness came without it

I assme the PCM has a timer that switches the clutch on and off...but my 98 pinout does not have it listed anywhere.. I used the one in the FAQ above to wire the car.

thanks,
its the a/c status signal wire i think the blu connector pin 88. not 100% sure. just goin off the top of my head. had to build a a/c harness for my 93 z28 and go thru the same thing. funny thing is . the a/c actually blows colder now than when it had the lt1 setup in it.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
its the a/c status signal wire i think the blu connector pin 88. not 100% sure. just goin off the top of my head. had to build a a/c harness for my 93 z28 and go thru the same thing. funny thing is . the a/c actually blows colder now than when it had the lt1 setup in it.

LOL I forgot I had posted this thread

yes I wasn't sure what the AC status pin was for, if thats it then it will be easy to hook up.... see if you can confirm for me.

Also, see if you can confirm the flow of the system:
From the cabin, AC request goes to PCM.... PCM Relay control goes to the relay... then out of the relay it goes to????... and the PCM controls the clutch on/off through the status pin...

thanks