Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help planning fuel system on first Gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help planning fuel system on first Gen

I am planning out my fuel system for my 69 Camaro..

What I have so far is a DSE LS1 Fuel tank and a 2002 Trans Am LS1..

I think all I need to connect them is a Pre-Bent fuel line kit from S&P and one of their single line Corvette Fuel Filters that has a return on it..

Am I correct??
Is there a better way to do this?? Cheaper??

Thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

This what I've been working on this week. I've got a 69 Camaro with an ls1 saving up for the DSE ls1 fuel tank. S&P stuff is nice but pricey imo. From the fuel rail I'm using Earls Pro-lite black fuel line to an aluminum 3/8 fuel line to the Corvette fuel filter then the Earl's to the pump. Maybe not the cheapest but I don't care for braided lines and didn't want any chrome. I used the Russel quick connect fittings and soaked them in oven cleaner to get the blue off.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Where did you mount the fuel filter??
Thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I haven't got that far yet. I'm going to wait until I get the tank in. I think I will mount mine between the rear end and the fuel tank. If you have your tank already I would bolt it in for mock up to run your fuel lines etc. I have seen some guys put them on the inside of the rear frame rail. Do a search for a couple of guys 67rsss and Rodder I believe the have pics of their fuel filter install.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

I'm using a new stock-style 3/8 stainless fuel line from Rick's. Inline Tube is probably cheaper now. I cut the hose barbs off and used Swagelok tube (compression) to -6AN fitting on the rail end and Swagelok tube (compression) union on the FPR side. I used half of a Dorman tube for the the outlet of the Vette FPR, and Russell adapters for the FPR inlet & return and the rail. For soft lines, I used Aeroquip socketless hose and fittings. I'm happy with all of it except the Russell adapters--they don't fit worth a crap, and I'll probably replace them with Swagelok tube (compression) to -6AN fittings at some point.

Some people don't like compression fittings because of bad experiences with crappy brass or aluminum fittings. Back in college, I used Swagelog tube fittings with 3600psi natural gas lines as required by the State of Texas, and I trust the compression side of them more than any other fittings on the car.

http://www.blown.net/ls1swap/DSCF3933.html

http://www.blown.net/ls1swap/DSCF3937.html

http://www.blown.net/ls1swap/DSCF3938.html

http://www.blown.net/ls1swap/DSCF3941.html
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skeeters65
I am planning out my fuel system for my 69 Camaro..

What I have so far is a DSE LS1 Fuel tank and a 2002 Trans Am LS1..

I think all I need to connect them is a Pre-Bent fuel line kit from S&P and one of their single line Corvette Fuel Filters that has a return on it..

Am I correct??
Is there a better way to do this?? Cheaper??

Thanks

if its any help, i sell a 3/8 stainless tube with a quick-disconnect(goes into the vette filter) on one end and either a tube nut & sleeve or straight cut on the other(so you can use the swageloc type fitting). $12 shipped.

Quick Reply: Help planning fuel system on first Gen