Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swap running like S**t

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 swap running like S**t

I got my swap done last month and the car was running awsome. Yesterday morning I finished installing a new Racetronix pump to replace the stock LT1 pump. After which it still ran great. This morning I wash the car (sure it has nothing to do with it) and now it runs like crap. It idles OK but under load from idle to about 2500rpm it breaks up and has no power, above that it's fine again. Since I didn't replace the plugs during the swap I changed the plugs and inspected the wires, which looked fine.

No difference, it still runs like crap. Put my Auto Xray scanner on it and ran a live scan. All sensors have readings and seem to look good. There were no codes in the PCM.

Any Ideas????

Re'
Old 10-05-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the responses I didn't need. On a whim I decided to dig around a little. Pulled the two plus off the PCM and water had gotten in them big time. Sprayed out the connectors with contact cleaner and blew it all out. Problem gone!

I guess I'm lucky I didn't fry the PCM. I thought those were mounted under the hood because they were sealed agianst things like that. Time for a cover over the PCM.

Re'
Old 10-05-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, glad you got it figured, sorry we didn't get a chance to respond. Just finished work, hadn't checked threads.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 67rsss
Well, glad you got it figured, sorry we didn't get a chance to respond. Just finished work, hadn't checked threads.
Happens everytime. You get away from the car for awhile to post a thread. you calm down, your head clears, sometimes you decide to check things that earlier you had ruled out as unrelated or impossible.

Re'
Old 10-05-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great, we just had a bunch of rain here and mine started doing the same thing. Gotta check that tommorrow.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that happens so often at my work (dealership). detail blasts the cars with water then they randomly get a misfire... lol gee...

but yeah. that crap happens. If you do something, and something breaks, then you effed something up. crap like that doesnt happen for no reason

Quick Reply: LS1 swap running like S**t