Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSS to Speedo????

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSS to Speedo????

I have TPI Gauges and they have 2 wires that say pulse generator. One is black and one is white. Can I hook up the VSS wire to one of these? I talked to the tech guy, and he didn't sound to sure of himself, but he told me that there is 2 wires on the tail housing that i need to hook into and not to use the VSS. Does this sound correct?

Thanks.

- Andy
Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by norman99zx9r
I have TPI Gauges and they have 2 wires that say pulse generator. One is black and one is white. Can I hook up the VSS wire to one of these? I talked to the tech guy, and he didn't sound to sure of himself, but he told me that there is 2 wires on the tail housing that i need to hook into and not to use the VSS. Does this sound correct?

Thanks.

- Andy
sorry if my question is dumb but what are tpi guages? I doubt you can "just hook them up."

you need to know what specific signal they need per mile. such as the F-body cars need 4000 pules per mile

with out the pcm to change the signal from the sensor on the trans you would need something like a digital dakota box (sgi5 ? sorry but I can't remember if that's the correct name it is called ) anyway you need to convert the signal from the sensor unless your speedo has a internal calibration setup then you can run a raw signal
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the info. I thought it wouldn't be that easy. But still fairly easy, as all i have to do is connect the two wires to the tail shaft with no pulse generator. TPI gauges are fairly new and from what i can tell pretty cool, the website is www.tpigauges.com

Quick Reply: VSS to Speedo????