Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortec Lq9 With Low Profile Intake (???)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Vortec Lq9 With Low Profile Intake (???)

As seen on october super chevy mag, I'm also planing on going low profile intake on my 6.0L LQ9 iron block engine.

One of the problems doing this is that I have to change the front engine accessory drive pulleys and watter pump.

On the magazine they used camaro front accesory brakets and stuff, will that one be the only that would fit the LQ9?? Will other egines like LS2 or LS1 (gto, trans am, corvette...) front accesories fit on the LQ9??

What else should I be aware apart fo the aluminum heads
and compression 10.08:1??

Is there anything else I should chanhe to the engine???
Old 10-11-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Low profile = LS1, LS6, or aftermarket LS-x intake.

You don't have to change the accessory drive unless the truck accessories won't fit in your frame. You can swap just the F-body water pump pulley and purchase the Speartech tensioner and run a car intake on a truck longblock. You'll also have to mod the water pipe that comes out of the top of the waterump on a truck setup.

Go to the Performance Trucks forum at the top of the forum page and there's all the details with pics on a post in there.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was readin in my hot rod mag the other day, because the had a special on the 6.0 acutally and the swaped intakes from the truck intake to the ls1, ls2, ls6 and the fast and to do it they used the assemley off of a ls1 camaro not sure if that helps you, but thats just what i read, and form the pics that were in there the swap actually didnt look that hard
Old 10-11-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can get away with just swapping intakes. A buddy of mine and member on here, just put a snipe on his water pump outlet and turned it to clear the TB.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

Go to the Performance Trucks forum at the top of the forum page and there's all the details with pics on a post in there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the tips, I did not see the performance truck teb.

Thanks a lot.

By the way, that engine is going on my II gen Camaro.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Arrow My misstake...

Originally Posted by Stang Killer
i was readin in my hot rod mag the other day, because the had a special on the 6.0 acutally and the swaped intakes from the truck intake to the ls1, ls2, ls6 and the fast and to do it they used the assemley off of a ls1 camaro not sure if that helps you, but thats just what i read, and form the pics that were in there the swap actually didnt look that hard
Sory, I was talking about the Hot Rod mag as well, I just have so much magazines that I confuse the names.

Thanks for the post.

Quick Reply: Vortec Lq9 With Low Profile Intake (???)