Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Throttle Cable?

Old 10-14-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Throttle Cable?

What is everyone using for aftermarket throttle cables? I currently run a Lokar, but it stretches alot. Is there something more heavy duty available?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how the hell are you stretching a braided cable???

i'm using a lokar and have never had an issue like that because they're strong as hell and i really don't believe it's even possible with the little bit of force it takes to overcome the spring pressure of a throttle blade!

i would check and make sure your set screws are tight before anything. then double check your length and be sure it's got NO slack in it when the throttle blade is closed. and last be sure your throttle stop is not bent or anything.

good luck!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
how the hell are you stretching a braided cable???
That's what I was thinking too. Stainless cable won't stretch a lot. It will stretch a little and then break. I have used Lokar on three different cars and never had a problem with them. If you have it cut to the correct length, it should work good.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the throttle stop (hard stop on the floor under the pedal) set so the throttle opens to about 1/32" short of W.O.T. On average, the cable will need to be-retightened about 1 time per race weekend. The cable is correct in length & all the slack is out of it. Regardless of my luck, Lokar is known for high end street rod stuff and not race car stuff so I would like to go to something a little more bullet proof with a more robust end.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds to me like it's the set screw either coming loose or not biting hard enough. have you tried to use lock-tight on the set screws yet?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The throttle stop won't cause it to stretch/slip if it's under the pedal. How much pressure does it take to push the pedal down? The cable should not be slipping at all unless it takes a lot of pressure to mash the pedal. What kind of car and engine do you have?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket Throttle Cable?