Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

effort to get 1st gen LS1 headers into 2nd gen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default effort to get 1st gen LS1 headers into 2nd gen?

Curious how much effort is needed to get 1st gen LS1 swap headers into 2nd gen? The only pics and write up I could find was with the S&P headers, and there is mention that the primary #1 needs to be modified, or that the frame needs to be notched for it. Anyone find another header any easier. I found 4th gens to kick out too much on the collectors, hitting the frame on both sides.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know also i,m dropping a LS-7 in mine also
Old 10-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can help you with installing 98-02 f-body headers. It isn't very hard to modify them. On the driver side I cut the collector off about 2.5". I had a 3" tube mandrel bent at a 18.5 degree angle. This was welded to the end of the header. Now the end of the header is parallel with the subframe. For the passenger side I cut each tube about half way through on the bottom side at the flange. This allowed me to bend the header in toward the block. I rewelded the tubes and it is hard to tell they were even modified. I have about 1/2" of clearance between the v-band clamp and the subframe for each side. The headers I used were the off-road pacesetters. I plan to take pictures of this when I take them off to get coated.