Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing Some Research!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doing Some Research!!!!!

im sure you guys can help. i have an 03 cts, but i want to put in the ls2 with 6 speed. its my wifes car, but she agreed we can put a bigger engine in it. i know i have to change the console, rear bumper, and all that, but i want to know how hard you guys think it would be to do this swap. thanks!!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

You'd save yourself a massive parts chase if you'd just put in a stroker kit, cam and port the heads/intake.... That plus some headers.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Just sell it and buy a used CTS-V. You can find nice examples in the 20's. Doing this conversion will just not be worth it.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Huge Ditto!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless you get a crashed Donner CTS-V and get all of the parts. It could be very costly and a lot of time chasing down the parts.. This is about on the same line as the V6 F-Body guys wanting to put in the V8.. can be done case the parts are available but costly to buy all of the parts. most will say to sell and buy what you want.

Sell your CTS and buy a CTS-V or if you really want to do it, find a donner CTS-V.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Teching In

i thought about that, i need to get rid of the cts anyway. id rather have a ws6. but im getting rid of one of these stupid comuter rice burns. got two of those stupid things. and the cts, i got screwed on now im stuck in it. its a nice car and i like it, but im just tired of being stuck in it. so i figured if im stuck in it i should make it worth it! lol thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Doing Some Research!!!!!