Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot Rod Rule Change

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Rod Rule Change

Need some help here guys! I started a thread at Hot Rod.com about reducing the minimum weight requirement so that ANYONE that has an LS1 conversion that doesn't weight 3300 lbs. might be able to run. If this is interesting to you, go ove and help me out. Here's the link:

http://forums.hotrod.com/70/6425599/...ule/index.html

Thnaks, Mike.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Easier and much, much better to add balast than to try to make everyone weigh less...

Suck it up and deal..
Old 10-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what happens when you do a race or class like that. Not to be a dick, but deal with it or don't race in it. There are plenty of other events that you could do that don't limit you on weight.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Hmmm...

You'd like to race your LS1 car, that is 500 lbs. lighter than the minimum required. If a competitor with his version of an LS1 car wanted to race you, that weighed 1000 lbs lighter than the minimum required, what would your mindset be then?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Best way to add 500lbs of ballast would be to add a 2nd LS1!!! Wouldn't that catch those pesky Hot Rod guys off guard....

Seriously, they've got a minimum weight because they want to keep budgets down. Getting weight out usually costs money, so keeping the minimum reasonable for a factory built platform with iron block and heads keeps cost under control (and keep cars practical).... I don't think sprint cars have a minimum weight, which is why they're built so light, have no battery or starter, cost a fair bit, and have ridiculous power to weight ratios.

'JustDreamin'
Old 10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Teching In

You're lucky that your car's already under the minimum weight!! My Drag Radial car is about 200lbs OVER weight for it's class and that's going to be an expensive 200lbs if I decide to try to take it off the car. At least you can put the weight wherever you want to make the car work!!

Quick Reply: Hot Rod Rule Change