Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 GTO Question, water pump and

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 GTO Question, water pump and

I have a 2006 LS2 and I got all the pulleys and brackets that came with the setup. I was set on buying the S&P pulley setup because I was not going to notch the frame on my chevelle. So I stupidly sold the setup and wish that I had not. Any way I am now interested in buying a pulley setup off of a corvette and notching the frame. The thing is that I think the GTO LS2 setup looks very similar to the F-Body serpentine system not like the vette balancer and waterpump. Can someone tell me if my setup is just like the F-Body? Here is the picture. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails LS2 GTO Question, water pump and-6247_12.jpg  
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That Alt bracket appears to be the same as the F-body unit that I just installed in my car....that about all I can help with.

Jack
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 AM
TECH Regular

Its close.... Here's the F-body setup....
Attached Thumbnails LS2 GTO Question, water pump and-ls1front1.jpg  
Old 11-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Been there done that....

I've got an '06 GTO LS2 that I'm converting over to LS2 Vette accessories. The first problem is the crank pulley as the Vette accessories are about 3/4" closer to the block so you have to choose between Vette and GTO/F-body. The alternator bracket is the only thing that is the same between the GTO/F-body (save for crank pulley and perhaps the main belt tensioner). The power steering and A/C brackets/componets are different, especailly on the '05/'06 GTO LS2.

As for the alternator bracket, the GTO and F-body alternator brackets are the same. I've got a broken one with all the factory bolts and the rear bracket if you're interested. The bracket is not very expensive new (~$15).

I have the LS2 GTO A/C bracket, power steering pump+reservoir, all from a 600 mile car.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO Question, water pump and