Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Guys - Headers solution?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Guys - Headers solution?

What have you C3 guys done for headers or exhaust manifolds. I've searched and read until my eyes hurt and can't find what I'm looking for. I understand that flanges are available directly from GMPP but headers at a reasonable price aren't available yet. I also understand that either big block Chevy as well as small block Ford headers can be made to work by cutting the flanges off and welding up the LS flanges. Has anyone tried this and if so, what brand and part number header? I have access to plenty of machinists who could do the flange replacement but don't care to spend a couple of days fabbing up a complete set. My budget doesn't have enough beer money for my fab guys for a one-off custom set.
This is going to be an LS1 402 married to a TKO600 in my '81. Any other pitfalls you guys could help me avoid would be very much appreciated as well!
Thanks in advance for all your help.

Last edited by Busted Knuckles; 11-10-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used hooker small block sidepipes,i bought flanges from the dealer and modified my pipes to fit the flanges.2 pipes on each side line right up the other 2 i cut and moved to line up then welded everything up.They work great and sound incredible.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a set of ported LS6 manifolds,they fit like a glove. But I did have to do some creative surgery to the clutch cross shaft. Stan