Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie needs advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs advice

I'm new to this forum and looking for advice. We had a house fire that destroyed my pride and joy (1990 454SS) along with everything else. I now am looking for another hot rod to work on and am considering purchasing a 240sx and swapping an ls1/t56 into it. There is a 240sx that runs, looks ok, but has a bad transmission for sale near me for $500. I've never owned a foreign car and am not crazy about the idea but an LS1 240 sounds pretty appealing to me. Where can I find some information about this swap besides on this forumn? I think I'm gonna buy this car regardless even if I just sell it on E-Bay for a profit. Its an older model 240 with the squared off styling and a trunk instead of a hatch. Any idea how much this thing weighs? I know that fabrication is involved and I am capable of doing all of that myself. Thanks in advance for any advise.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm. I don't have any answers to your questions (sorry!) but it sounds like a cool project, & a lot of fun once it's done. I seem to recall that someone here has done an LSx swap into a 240, if you haven't tried a few different search queries, that would be the best place to start.

Good luck.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

If it's an 89-94 240 (which I think it is based on your descirption) it weight no more than 2750lbs and that's with an all steel body and the heavy KA engine. Swapping in an Ls1 and replacing some of the body pannels with fiberglass should drop the weight about 100 lbs. Lots of gutted 240s with LS1s are around 2300-2400, but those are primarily track/drag cars.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Hey, thanks for the response. It's an 89 coupe. Is there much weight difference between the coupe and the hatches. I bought the car last night but havent gotten it home yet(bad tranny). Been doing a little reasearch and found that hensom supercars sells about everything needed for the swap. Would like some feedback from people who used their kits if they're even necessary and any issues good or bad.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Launching!

I dont have any answers to your questions but it might help to put the car description in the title. You would get way more responces that way. At least people will have an idea of what you are looking for. Just my thoughts...

(1963 Nova with an LSX)

-Jamin