Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Harnes..... Have a question.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LS1 Harnes..... Have a question.......

Hey guys, I am doing a budget LS1 swap into my 69 Camaro. I have a complete wire harness out of a 99 Z28/T56.

While I was hard at decifering the chassis harness last night, I came upon a little box that has "Integrated Body Control Module" on it. WHAT IS THIS? Is this the thing that keeps the radio on when the car is turned off or until the door is opened......or turns the headlight on automatically when it gets dark enough?

The reason I am curious is because there are a few PCM wires going to it. I don't want to cut anything out I don't need. And no, I just want what it takes to run the engine....nothing else.

Thanks for your time,

Joe
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

I think that box deals with the gauges some too. in short you do not need it to run the engine, however dont start cutting stuff up based on my opinion see if someone can tell you exactly what it does and then make a choice. all I really know is that my swap doesent have it and the engine doesent need it to run. good luck
Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Groovy cool. Thanks. I just found this here.........

http://www.blown.net/ls1swap/rodders...1t56wiring.doc

It helped out a TON!

Thanks for your quick reply.

Joe
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

i am using the factory fuse box and the engine harness only in my swap.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

You will not need any bcm related functions in your engine swap. It controls vats which you will tune out and does not control any of the gauges. Since it is part of the vats system the starter enable signal comes from that module to the theft deterrent relay to enable or disable starter operation. Since you are junking all of that you tie the starter signal from your 69' harness from the ign switch(purple also) directly into the purple solenoid wire running to the starter in the 99' harness and all is well.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be able to rewire your harness (or send it out) to be a stand alone wiring system. If you follow the sticky you will only need to have four or five wires to add/mod and will not need any of the BCM or its functions.

Hot constant 12+v
Ing 12+v
ODBII Serial connector
Fuel Pump Relay
Fan Relay (can use a standalone controller, I use a SPAL, or manual fan)

You can eliminate any extra wiring for the EGR, AIR, AC, HVAP (purge valve), and for the trans, skip shift and rewire the the Reverse switch for the backup light and add a switch for the reverse lockout (this is just to make it simple and run). And have the PCM reflashed to delete the those codes. (I used Jesse at Wait4meperformance.com he was cheap and it got it running with out a tuner or taking it to a tuner)

Quick Reply: LS1 Harnes..... Have a question.......