Sponsored by:

"Code" light?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default "Code" light?

Hey guys,

As I'm getting closer to doing my own swap (& trying to think of all of the "little stuff" that I'll need to keep track of), I just realized that I hadn't accounted for the "MIL light" (or SES/check engine indicator). I thought I'd ask some of you how you guys handled it with your own conversions, especially in cars that didn't have any provision for them...

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a little 12v light assy (radio shack) wire it to correct 12v power (can't remember if "hot always" or "hot run-start") other wire goes thru C220 or C230 (also can't remember -- I'm not where the wiring diagrams are) and is turned on/off by the PCM supplying the ground for the light. I used a 5/8" dia light assy, and drilled a little hole for it in an inconspicuous place. You may have an un-used switch or light knock-out on your dash that you could use for this purpose.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot run or hut run-start. That way you can have a lamp check. The light should come on in run and go out (unless there is an engine probem) with the engine running.