Sponsored by:

78 t/a shaker options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 78 t/a shaker options?

Hey all,

Looonnnng time no update. Lots and lots of delays in the project. However the big news is that my project (78 t/a with ls1) is now running and driveable! Woohooooooo!

Now it's coming down to the final little details. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the shaker. I know a number of other people have embarked on a similar project since I started - I'm curious if anyone has come up with a solution yet?

And before you suggest YearOne ... I called them, and the thing they did for the Burt Reynolds edition is not for sale.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Do you want the shaker functional? I simply welded some brackets to the metal ring on the shaker that are held in place with nuts on some of the studs already on the motor. No cold air use, but the shaker still "shakes" and the hot air that pours out of that is impressive.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

No, it doesn't need to be functional. At least not yet. :-) I have cold (well, luke-warm) air coming from the fender area.

Any chance you can take pictures of how you mounted it to the engine?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

check out what I did for a Chevelle Cowl Induction hood... it is fully functional.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/643850-chevelle-cowl-induction.html

maybe that will give you some ideas to work with.