Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is my pcm bad? no serial communication 95 lt1 to 98ls1

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question is my pcm bad? no serial communication 95 lt1 to 98ls1

I am having trouble with my harness, or possibly my pcm, the car is a 1995 with obdII dlc I swapped an ls1 in and matched up the inline harness connectors to corresponding wires, But im having problems

i have no communication with the pcm with my scan tool, i believe all my wireing is correct, checked my serial class 2 wire for continuity from the DLC to the pcm and its good, ses light comes on with the bulb check. oil pressure, volts rpm speedometer seem to work all go to 0 key on engine off.

i must be missing something to power the pcm on...

also fuel pump wont prime,
Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok well with the pcm hooked up with a jumper comming out of pin serial data class II i measured voltage with the ignition switch on, and couldnt get any signal on my volt meter, I was under the asumption that the pcm was bad, well i used a tech II and performed the GM PCM reprogram, on the computer as if it were a "new" unit and the program went through and the pcm is finally working.

my tech II just wouldnt work with the pcm because the pcm had different software on it. (Previous owner said it had a tune for a small cam.) once i reflashed it i could use my scanner

now with key in the ignition and koeo the f pump primes away, now i can get my radiator back in it and try to start it tomarrow

Quick Reply: is my pcm bad? no serial communication 95 lt1 to 98ls1