Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1963 Chevy II Ls1 and T56 PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1963 Chevy II Ls1 and T56 PICS!!!

Here she is. 1963 Chevy II 2 door post. Its a ls1 about 440rwhp unported heads with a built t56

I am running a checkered racing front clip. Does anyone know what headers are going to fit this clip. I want longtubes for this sucker and don't want to spend a G.

[IMG]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9137/1001752
se9.3dcfc1f6b8.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by AlmostfastLT1; 12-06-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Looks good bro!

Did you make the frame side of the motor mounts?

I am curious about the headers as well. I recently test fit some C5 vette headers on my 63 and they wouldn't work but I think f-body headers will.

Here's some $400 f-body headers by SSAC. I am pretty sure someone here is a vendor for them now.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

The motor mounts came with the clip, but I did have to weld and trim them up. It was worth it, because I got to put the motor nice and tight to the fire wall without getting to close.

Man those camaro headers look good I wonder if they will fit my clip and what is the collector size on them.

O, btw you got a mean project there.

Originally Posted by slow4dr
Looks good bro!

Did you make the frame side of the motor mounts?

I am curious about the headers as well. I recently test fit some C5 vette headers on my 63 and they wouldn't work but I think f-body headers will.

Here's some $400 f-body headers by SSAC. I am pretty sure someone here is a vendor for them now.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Looking Good! Keep Up The Good Work And Keep Us Posted
Old 12-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AlmostfastLT1
The motor mounts came with the clip, but I did have to weld and trim them up. It was worth it, because I got to put the motor nice and tight to the fire wall without getting to close.

Man those camaro headers look good I wonder if they will fit my clip and what is the collector size on them.

O, btw you got a mean project there.

Thanks!

I'll be building another 1st gen here pretty soon and I've been leaning towards the Checkered clip so I am glad to hear he includes the modifyable mounts. I'd also like to shove the engine as far back as possible.

The only problem I can forsee with those headers with that clip is the steering column. They will definitely clear the rails and your mounts. The collectors are 3".
Old 12-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Nice Nova!! I'll be doing a 5.3 swap on my '74 here in the near future. Only bad thing about first gens, no ability to get headers on. Dang shock towers! I have a friend with a 64 he dropped a 454 into and had real trouble getting headers on.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 66 NOVA
Looking Good! Keep Up The Good Work And Keep Us Posted

I will, I promise
Old 12-07-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks!

I'll be building another 1st gen here pretty soon and I've been leaning towards the Checkered clip so I am glad to hear he includes the modifyable mounts. I'd also like to shove the engine as far back as possible.

The only problem I can forsee with those headers with that clip is the steering column. They will definitely clear the rails and your mounts. The collectors are 3".

man I think I am going to try those headers out down the road. Do you know anyone that has tried these headers on any of the aftermarket clips out there.

Thanks for your info.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Launching!

man I think I am going to try those headers out down the road. Do you know anyone that has tried these headers on any of the aftermarket clips out there.

Thanks for your info.
No, not that I am aware of. I will be testing them out on my car as soon as I get a reseller to agree that I can send them back if they don't work. I already did this with the Vette headers with the help of SS Auto Chrome and a member of the corvette forums. Not that it will help you if they end up working on my car.

The vette headers will interfere with the f-body tranny but the ends of the collectors can be cutoff and redirected to clear. The only reason I couldn't use them on my car was because of my engine set back. One of the primaries interfered with the bulkhead where the 4 bolt flanges are.

Here's a pic of the headers I just tried out. As you can see they angle inwards after the collector, this is the portion that will hit the tranny. Also note how the f-body primaries above fit closer to the block than these more bunched up primaries do.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

At the PRI show yesterday Chassis Works says that Lemon headers will fit their front Nova clip. I'm going to get a set to see. It would be worth a try.

D.J.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

No, not that I am aware of. I will be testing them out on my car as soon as I get a reseller to agree that I can send them back if they don't work. I already did this with the Vette headers with the help of SS Auto Chrome and a member of the corvette forums. Not that it will help you if they end up working on my car.

The vette headers will interfere with the f-body tranny but the ends of the collectors can be cutoff and redirected to clear. The only reason I couldn't use them on my car was because of my engine set back. One of the primaries interfered with the bulkhead where the 4 bolt flanges are.

Here's a pic of the headers I just tried out. As you can see they angle inwards after the collector, this is the portion that will hit the tranny. Also note how the f-body primaries above fit closer to the block than these more bunched up primaries do.

Yea, keep us posted!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OneQuickCoupe
At the PRI show yesterday Chassis Works says that Lemon headers will fit their front Nova clip. I'm going to get a set to see. It would be worth a try.

D.J.

I searched Lemon headers and I could not find any ls1 headers for the clips...
Old 12-11-2007, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

I have read that the Hooker 2288 headers intended for a '67-9 F-body swap might work with the aftermarket Nova clips. Can't confirm, though.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by itslow
I have read that the Hooker 2288 headers intended for a '67-9 F-body swap might work with the aftermarket Nova clips. Can't confirm, though.
Hmm, really!???? any pics of what they look like.

Thanks Mark
Old 12-12-2007, 04:48 AM
Launching!

Here a shot of my modified stock Camaro exhaust manifold and the clearance with the Heidts front end and the firewall on the passenger side...as you can see it's a tight fit.
Attached Thumbnails 1963 Chevy II Ls1 and T56 PICS!!!-nova-pix-012a.jpg  
Old 12-12-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I searched Lemon headers and I could not find any ls1 headers for the clips...
Chassis Works said to contact Lemon about headers for aftermarket clips. The address is below. I haven't contacted them yet myself.

For all questions about headers please E-mail:
Harvey Morgan - harv@lemonsheaders.com
Dan Lemons - dan@lemonsheaders.com

D.J.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 67pete
Here a shot of my modified stock Camaro exhaust manifold and the clearance with the Heidts front end and the firewall on the passenger side...as you can see it's a tight fit.
Honestly, from that pic I'd say the C5 headers I posted above would work. My back cylinder is a few inches behind the firewall so the header interfered with my bulkhead. With the engine in that position(farther forward) they might just tuck in there.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you just gave me a great idea for keeping my coils from hitting my booster. Thanks alot LOL

looks great by the way.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just got off the phone with Dan Lemons, (805-239-8998) and he does make headers for the LS-X installed in an aftermarket clip. He has 1 3/4, 1 7/8 and 2" pipes for this application. He has a fact sheet that he will Fax you to give you more info.

D.J.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OneQuickCoupe
I just got off the phone with Dan Lemons, (805-239-8998) and he does make headers for the LS-X installed in an aftermarket clip. He has 1 3/4, 1 7/8 and 2" pipes for this application. He has a fact sheet that he will Fax you to give you more info.

D.J.

Thanks so much for posting this, I just called him, but those suckers are $1,170!!!!

Quick Reply: 1963 Chevy II Ls1 and T56 PICS!!!