Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which carb'd intake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which carb'd intake?

I think Im selling my gen 1 sbc stuff this winter and going to do a LQ4 6.0 swap. Going with a 650 double pumper (for now, already have), Edelbrock intake, MSD 6010 controller box, and headers. All of this will be in front of a 3200 stall 9.5 converter, 2004r trans, and 4.10 gears. Car weighs in at 3450 with driver. Car will see street duty but also raced a fair amount.

Now my question is, which intake to go with? Edelbrock makes the RPM and victor jr. Will I see a lot of noticeable power loss on the bottom end with the victor jr, even with the stock cam?

Also, I'm either going to do a cam swap now or a little bit after the swap is completed. Going to be a mid sized cam. I'm not too up on cam sizes for the LSx series. Whats a good cam size to start looking at?

I'll probably throw new ARP rod bolts in the motor before install, to make those revs a little safer.

Thanks guys
Nick
Old 12-25-2007, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the single plane intakes actually run very well on these engines,, i was worried when i swapped to L92 heads and a single plane intake that i would loose a lot of low end/driveability but it still runs fine on the low end,, my brother has a cam only 6.0L and the edelbrock single plane and his runs fine also

so dont worry, go with the edelbrock or gm single plane and you will be fine

as for cams the edelbrock 2216 runs very well with the 6.0L and works fine with stock length pushrods(you will need new valve springs for any cam swap)

rod bolts will make it safer to rev higher, and it is a very easy swap,, just do 1 rod bolt at a time so you dont disturb the bearing cap location, depending on the year of the engine you may have rod bolt ferruls, if the stock rod bolts dont seem to pull out easy just put a vicegrips on the bolt and tug,, it will pull out the rod bolt with the ferrul on it. then just put the new arp bolt in and torque as the instructions say to

Last edited by jay_lt4; 12-25-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Which carb'd intake?