Sponsored by:

LS2 w/Vette Accessories into A-Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 w/Vette Accessories into A-Body

Hi,
I'm a newbee who will be swapping a 364/440 LS2 into a '70 El Camino. The LS2 already has a GM 'vette serpentine accessory drive setup with AC and PS.
Will this drive setup fit in my El Camino with no frame mods?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Steve
Old 12-27-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve

With all Gen III/IV engine, the A/C compressor is mounted low on the Passenger side and will require notching of the frame. Also be aware that with the different type of adapter plates, the plate will come into contact with the AC Compressor (S&P, Hooker, etc).
BRP mounts are the only ones that allow you to use the Factory AC Compressor but require notching of the frame.

I thing that your Vette PS pump is mounted high on the Driver side and will not come into contact with the steering box.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yap. S&P mounts will let your get away with not notching the front x member for a/c however you will have to fork up the dough to get your oil pan modified by them.

Or you could save money if you can somewhat fabricate.... Make your own engine mounts or buy BRP/Hooker/ or whom ever elses mounts that do not need the oil pan modifed and just notch the front x member yourself.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also with the Vette Accessories.. the Steering Box will be out of the way as compared to the F-body accessories.. that is a plus for the Vette stuff.