Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C4 Swap

Can any of you C4 swapper point on your swap threads or other web/forum links.. I'd be interested in seeing some current threads and information. I have browsed a few..

I am in California.. so. any information on what it takes to make it Smog compliant ? other than the normal CATS, AIR and EGR equipement..

what did you do about the ECM input for the required SMOG Related sendors?

Digit Dash intergration ?

thanks..
Old 01-10-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some good reads
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...ad.php?t=62126
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...light=kpforce1
Old 01-10-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh oh surely not another project?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

we carry the mounts for this!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pete.. yeah.. they are just lined up.. guess I have the LSx bug.. Corvette !? or I may do the 71 Nova 1st... but then again maybe a stock 6.0l or 5.3L in my 48 Ford F-1 Truck.. then again there is the 79 RX7... sitting around too !??? oh the choices.. ! where am I going to find the time !

But then again... there is the maintance and up keep on the Chevelle, 84 z28, Fiero and the 4x4 G30 VAN and now the C4 vette!... I tell you, the Oil Recycler place know me well.. I now have a Commercial account at the local Kragen's for parts... LOL
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

California SMOG laws are simple, all the equipment the engine came with is required, and I mean all. The Cats and evap are considered chassis smog and must match or exceed the original vehicles equipment. There is no way to put truck emission stuff on a car either (so no truck engines in the vette). I would get in contact with the Calif BAR who will get you in contact with who needs to do the inspection in your area for compliance.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

I have done this swap or should I say carried on with a Corvette forum members swap.

I am actually selling my 84 vette...Ill buy another one later when my bills are less.

This is the car I bought from Trace Torrance. He is a valuable resource.

"1984 LS1 Corvette. The motor is a 2001 LS1 with ross pistons, Lunati rods, GTP stage2 heads and a 226/226 591 112 "Pig" cam, B Cool radiator, 3.73 rear end, 3 inch cowl hood, Ed wright tuned, Chevrolet analog guages, Z06 wheels( not repros). The car is missing the transmission and exhaust right now as it was in a shop for a performance build up and the shop shut down suddenly. I was able to get my car but not the trans or exhaust back
The car is very quick as some of the F-body guys on here can attest(few different guys followed me to parking lot after seeing my license plate "LS1C4". Due to financial circumstances , I cannot get the car up and running and dont want to see it sit any longer. I have spent a lot of time and money( over 26k ) getting it to this point and know who ever finishes it off will have a truley unique car that is a blast to drive. I have pictures I can e-mail ( ls1c4@hotmail.com), just let me know. Car had a 4L60E auto in it but no trans right now. It needs a trans(High performance build recomended) and the exhaust form the headers back, to run again. Aside form that a couple of guages need to be wired and a few other small odds and ends to be 100%. I have the car stored in a friends garage and unfortunately no longer have the means to enjoy and complete this project. I have spent a lot of time and money on this car and whoever buys will save a ton and have an awesome sleeper.
Thanks
Trace

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1720807"