Sponsored by:

Need Acc/Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Acc/Wiring Help

Hey Everyone.

Im looking for a little help to get on my way with my swap.

First of all. I have a Truck 5.3L LM7. If i grab the Alternator/PS bracket for an LS1 f-body. Can i use that to mount my Alternator/PSpump, then pickup an F-body waterpump and retain the rest of my idler pulleys?

Next question is about wiring. Im having some trouble getting my head around how the wiring works. Ive seen the pinouts and everything, but i still remain confused. I have the engine harness & ECM for my Motor. I know i need to remove un needed wires and sensors, and then plug it all into the ECM. However, what confuses me, is how the harness connects to the existing thirdgen body harness. Do i use the plug in, thats normally plugs into my TPI ECM, and splice that into the engine harness? Do i need to keep my stock ECM in place?

HELP ME!

Thanks so much!

Sheldon
Old 01-29-2008, 08:41 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven`t worked on a 3rd gen f-body yet, but normally you remove the old engine wiring harness and then wire the LSx harness into the 3rd gen. You do not need to keep the 3rd gen computer at all and most of the wiring associated with it will unplug from the main car harness.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Body
I haven`t worked on a 3rd gen f-body yet, but normally you remove the old engine wiring harness and then wire the LSx harness into the 3rd gen. You do not need to keep the 3rd gen computer at all and most of the wiring associated with it will unplug from the main car harness.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. And thanks to Ghettocruiser for responding to my PM!

IF anyone could shed some light on the ACC bracket idea, lmk!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:53 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oops I missed that. You can`t just grab the brackets, the alt, ps pump, a/c comp, and water pump are all different between the truck and f-body. Oh and the crank balancer/pulley is also different.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everything (water pump, alt, power steer, a/c, idlers, crank pulley, brackets) concerning the accesories forward of the front (timing chain)cover work together as sets gto, f-body, corvette, truck, etc and wont intermix. also you need to figure out which oil pan you need because the pan, windage tray, oil pickup, dipstick and tube also work in sets like above gto, f-body, etc. as far as wiring i haven't gotten that far myself but since i have 2 sets i will probably try to do one myself and if i fail i'll send the second to speartech

Quick Reply: Need Acc/Wiring Help