Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drive by wire question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive by wire question

I need a tac module and pedal assy for a motor that cam out of a 2006 Tahoe. do I need one for that specific year? also what is needed for the cruise to work? also where can I find them? no luck on e bay
Old 02-08-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same TAC module for 01-07 Trucks,
Same pedal position sensor for 01-07 GAS and Diesel Trucks.

This what I learned from the gm parts counter.

Keep looking on ebay, i scored a tac module, pedal assembly, and harness for $100.00

for cruise to work, there are just a few wires that hook directly into the tac module. I use a 1994 steering column in my 67 pickup, and the '94 cruise switch works great with the TAC module.

For cruise to work, the PCM will need the brake switch signal to it, which is 12v+ with brakes NOT applied, and switches off when you press the brakes.

The TAC module also has a brake switch signal. It needs 12v+ WHEN the brakes ARE applied, and off when NOT applied. BOTH have to be hooked up or cruise will not work.

Hook the 12v+ when applied to you're brake light wire, the module looks for the resistance of the brake light bulb to make sure the circuit is good, a blown bulb will prevent cruise from working.

good luck.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by busta9876
Same TAC module for 01-07 Trucks,
Same pedal position sensor for 01-07 GAS and Diesel Trucks.

This what I learned from the gm parts counter.

Keep looking on ebay, i scored a tac module, pedal assembly, and harness for $100.00

for cruise to work, there are just a few wires that hook directly into the tac module. I use a 1994 steering column in my 67 pickup, and the '94 cruise switch works great with the TAC module.

For cruise to work, the PCM will need the brake switch signal to it, which is 12v+ with brakes NOT applied, and switches off when you press the brakes.

The TAC module also has a brake switch signal. It needs 12v+ WHEN the brakes ARE applied, and off when NOT applied. BOTH have to be hooked up or cruise will not work.

Hook the 12v+ when applied to you're brake light wire, the module looks for the resistance of the brake light bulb to make sure the circuit is good, a blown bulb will prevent cruise from working.

good luck.
thanks, what did you search under in e bay motors? my search turns up nothing at all at this time
Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea there isnt any for the tac modules im trying to hunt one down

any other parts your lookin for im guessin u already have the harness
Old 02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"drive by wire" - brings up some
or
"electric throttle control"

...get creative..or search for just gas pedal...etc...

Something interesting I found out on my Drive By Wire setup....

The pedal I got only uses the first 50% of the pedal travel to make the throttle blade go 100% open. Bottom half of pedal did nothing. I found that if you keyed up a few times with pedal halfway depressed, it learned that position as closed, and let me use the bottom half of the pedal travel. I made a stop to keep the pedal from coming all the way up. I don't know if the certain pedal I got is somewhat different, but anyways..wondering if anyone has ever come accross this.

here's a few pics of the pedal I used.
Attached Thumbnails drive by wire  question-100_2299-large-.jpg   drive by wire  question-100_2300-large-.jpg  

Last edited by busta9876; 02-08-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jkwalkercchs
yea there isnt any for the tac modules im trying to hunt one down

any other parts your lookin for im guessin u already have the harness
just the factory engine harness harness and ecm I do need the tac module harness also
Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 50adrod
just the factory engine harness harness and ecm I do need the tac module harness also
there is a harness about 3 feet long that goes between the gas pedal and the tac module...you will need this.

TAC module has two connections, one for the pedal harness..other hooks into main engine harness....