Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on this 1963 Nova for a project...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Opinions on this 1963 Nova for a project...

hey everyone, I want to start a new project.

Here is a 1963 Nova that's *somewhat* close to me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...QQcmdZViewItem

I'd like your thoughts/feedback on what you think about this car. Is it a good project? I'd probably replace a lot of the panels with fiberglass stuff. I just don't know how to judge the rust condition... I mean.. does it look bad?

Also, don't you guys thing $750 is a little high? Or is it just me?

It looks like it's missing a lot of trim, a headlight, and a lot of other stuff.

Thanks everyone.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Launching!

It doesnt look too bad, but there is ALWAYS more than meets the eye. I have a 63 with a 6.0 408 lsx based motor. IF you have any questions let me know. That seems like a big project though. I do like the fact that it has the holes for the side molding. You dont see those too often.

Id say give the guy $500 and run with it.

Jamin
Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

From the pictures it looks like it needs the following, trunk pan, probably tunk drops, and trunk deck, some trunk seal repair/replacement, rear quarter lower portions and floor pan replacement. Needs new headlight bezels, grill looks like it can be straightened. Also needs windshield, and a title.

Depends on how much work you wanna do. Nova's are still in high demand and will bring a decent buck. 700 bucks for a base project car is still not too high IMO.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Duane pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as replacement items. Assuming you do ALL the work yourself, I would still wager to say you are going to spend at least 10K to get it truely road worthy with an LSX powerplant. I have over 17K in mine total, and it is still a POS with no paint or interior. I also have a semi stock frontend(no aftermarket front clip). Mine was much like the one you are looking at, but a bit better off in the trunk area.

Jack
Old 02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back half the car and remove the floor and you dont have to worry about it =) Here is my old 65 Chevy II, Mine didn't have any rust though, good ol' California car. That's the original paint on the car too. When I bought it it ran mid 12.5 with a 26x10 tire and had a 400 SBC and th350 on draglites, I paid 5k for it.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on this 1963 Nova for a project...-mod_nova_copy1-2-.jpg   Opinions on this 1963 Nova for a project...-nova-2-s.jpg  
Old 02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

In my opinion $750 is cheap. If it was closer to me I would get it and store it for later. I paid $600 for mine and it was less then nothing to start with. Chevy IIs are odd little cars but I am crazy about them.

Quick Reply: Opinions on this 1963 Nova for a project...