Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS motor install from top

Old 07-10-2023, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS motor install from top

Install motor from top

Have motor ready to go back in 2000 SS. LS next motor with tall intake zero accessories on currently.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the motor in from the top even with a leveler on the hoist. I hit the windshield every time no matter the angle and the hoist isn’t long enough even without the front bumper cover removed. Yes, it’s close and I can push it into place, but it’s a challenge.

With that said, how does one clear the windshield without taking out the cradle and all of that? I have a mid-plate from AEI and a front motor plate as well for reference.

I’ve tried angling the leveler full tilt both directions to no avail.

Any help or tips are appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 07-11-2023, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

On my friends 78 camaro the hoist was also to short. We took off the passenger tire and put a jack stand in. Then we used the hoist from the side to install his motor. Not sure why you can't install it from the top but i know many have. How did you get the motor out?
Old 07-11-2023, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...g-ls1-top.html You definitely have to take the intake off.
Old 07-11-2023, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone. Was able to get it in last night. I made some brackets to connect to the intake and did it that way. Still not easy and smooth, but it’s in.

Thanks again!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS motor install from top