Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally it is running!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally it is running!

My truck ran a left back lean for the past six months while I tried to figure out why was up.

Long story short in turns out that everything on the truck was fine but cylinders 6 and 8 were misfiring.

We finally pulled the custom harness made by Current Performance and sent it to Speartech. As it turns our cylinders six and eight were miswired as were trans temp low, TCC command and Alternator charge.

We had found the TCC command earlier but the rest remained elusive as we discovered the misfire as we were trying to fix the lean bank and had no idea about the other two miswires until John found them. The best part is that John reworked my harness, double checked my computer and ran everything on is 6.0L to make sure it all worked for $150 bucks. After a 6 month nightmare that was the best $150 I have spent.

Truck has been running strong for the past three weeks or so now driven daily! I can now finally say (almost a year later from when I bought the motor) that the swap was well worth it! Just wish the harness had come right the first time.

The other cool thing about John at speartech is that he gets things done in a very timely fashion as opposed to others that promise a job in two weeks but take a closer to two months to get the harness to you.

Anyway, I am really enjoying this now! This beast is sweet!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

John is a great guy. I am happy to hear that you finally have that beast running!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. I guess we know who not to take harnesses to.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This one's funny. I talked to Jared at CPW this morning and mentioned this thread.
There are 2 sides to every story.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Launching!

I suppose there are.

I don't really know what his side is outside of that he gave me a good deal and I would periodically call him and tell him to hurry up as the two weeks lapsed into two months.

I haven't even mentioned the fact that he did my 4x4 harness and that also had to be reworked a second time for it to work. Don't get me wrong Jared is a nice guy and he will work hard, but at the end of the day with that many things wrong in a stock application, I would prefer not to take the chance of that happening again. I know others where he got all the wires in the right places but still took a couple of months to do it and the some places on the harness were a little short, but everything ran right.

I paid $650 for the harness (not reworked, a new custom harness)

and $150 for programming

This is a great deal, it really was, but the 6-9 months of troubleshooting (tranny shops to find the TCC, and engine and local programmer shops to diagnose the engine, then talking to jared and getting him to email me diagrams so I could trace stuff, now that we had information to go on.) and nearly wanting to blow the truck up was not worth it in the end. When I think of the damage that could have happened to my tranny over the TC wire in the wrong pin or the damage I could have caused with the cylinders misfiring this really was a big deal.

The engine and tranny are all stock so there was no aftermarket guessing that needed to come into play, we did have Jared lengthen the wires so that I could put the computer under my dash, but that doesn't affect pin location.

After all I hired him so that I would not have to think about wiring. In the end I know know a fair bit about wiring.

Quick Reply: Finally it is running!