Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost/Fuel/PCM questions and suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boost/Fuel/PCM questions and suggestions

a friend of mine is now in the works for building a LSx motor with a home made turbo kit. building the motor isnt much of a concern as of right now. the biggest things we are worried about are the computer and fuel system. first the motor is going into a 79 malibu that currently has a fuel cell in it so putting a new one in, or a baffled EFI tank isnt so much a problem. its figuring what kinda pump and injectors to run on a setup like this. the other thing is the PCM. what kind of HP levels can be achieved on a stock computer using such software as HP Tuners? its looking to be a pump gas motor and street cruiser. its most likely gonna be a iron block 6.0 liter, maybe a 370. a boost cam and worked stockers or after market heads along with a LS6 or fast intake. looking to make around 800+hp on boost on pump gas if possible. but have a street tune and boost level he can cruise, probably 600hp or so. im thinkin on a well built bottom end it should handle 20psi without a problem, and cruise on 10 all day.

so what do you guys think, as a starting point these are just a few of the many many we will have with the build as its both of our first injected motor weve worked with and both our first turbo adventures.

so if you need to ask more in depth questions from me to give me a better answer please do so. as all and any info here is going to help us out.