Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning software as guages...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning software as guages...?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, if not I apologize. I'm swapping an LQ4/T56 into my '84 Trans Am and don't want to use the stock guages. I will get an aftermarket guage set a few months after it is up and running, but I had an idea until then. Could I use basic tuning software in place of guages to monitor engine parameters? If so, which would be the best to start out with (i.e. cheapest) that can be upgraded later on for more in depth tuning capabilities?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can use HPTuners though it won't be able to monitor the most important gauge... oil pressure. For that, you could just get a cheap Autometer gauge and plumb it into the port down by the filter. I have a secondary gauge installed there (I use the original gauge in the plumbed into the port at the top of the block) and it has worked perfectly.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what i am doing for a permanent guage solution. Mounting a small carputer under the seat and fitting a 9" touchscreen into the dashboard. That way i can have HP Tuners running full time and monitor anything i want. This also eliminates the need to carry a laptop to switch tunes on the go. If you price it out it really isnt very expensive if you e-bay everything
Gary
Old 03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Launching!

I ran across this a few days ago. Haven't looked into it in any detail so take a look if you want..
http://www.dashdaq.com/index.html

Tails

Quick Reply: Tuning software as guages...?