Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help getting motivated.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help getting motivated.

i got an 84 trans-am i purchased from a cousin of mine, well supposedlly it only had a bad head gaset and other than that it ran fine. well i had my uncle tow it to my house while i was off at school and he sold it to me for 400 so i figured why not ill fix it then sell it. well when i popped the hood, first thing i noticed was wiring was a little messed up. but i said what the heck nothing too bad. so i pulled the head off to replace the gasket and...... cylinders were all rusted down so im thinking wtf! this thing has been sitting for a while. sure enough i called up my cousin and yeah he forgot to mention first time around the car hadnt ran for over a year but he did wash it before it got to my house and the body was straight forward so how would i of known. well that p.o.s wont take the car back. so i bought a 98 ls1 shortblock got a spare set of heads. now my ordeal, should i even attempt to swap? i know its been done ive read plenty of posts. i live in california so im gonna have to see the ref. in order to get it to be street legal. should i just get rid of it? or make an attempt? help me out here guys.