Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 F body V6 pump same as an LS1 pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:23 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Default 99 F body V6 pump same as an LS1 pump?

Oddly enough I just recently realized why the "LS1" tank I purchased for my conversion didnt come with a regulator... Seems its a V6 tank which was not what I was told I was buying. Not having that regulator in the tank caused me fits of confusion at first but I put a Vette filter on and all was good I just figured someone took the reg out.

Now that I realize that the V6 tanks dont come with the built in regulator I am almost certain that a V6 tank and pump is what i have. What I'm concerned about is how good those V6 pumps are? I've been running this thing for a full season and it seems fine but I am concerned about this and wanted to find out more?

Does anyone know what the LPH on the 3.8 V6 fuel pump is? What kind of HP can they support?

In short do i need to change this thing right away?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lightbulb

Don't know, but... You could look both pumps up, part # wise, and compare them. Or have the guy at the parts counter pull both of them out, & compare them. Just guessing, but I would think they would be comparable in capacity & performance(if not the same part), as the V-6 needed the same fuel pressures that an LS1 needs.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

I called the dealer and the PN is different because the entire bucket assembly and pump come as one part and the V6 is non regulated at the pump and the LS1 is so they are different but it doesn't say anything about the pump itself. I searched this out as best I could and I saw various threads claiming the V6 pump was 42 psi and then another saying it was 58 psi but no clear cut answer. Hoping someone here knows the score
Old 03-31-2008, 04:30 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Someone must know?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Default Fourth gen V6 fuel pump? good to go with C5 reg ;)

Happy building fellas I ran the V6 fuel pump with a C5 filters for four years TR224 stg 2 heads and 7000 RPM shifts daily wheeeee hawwwww

Thought I might bump this for Future LS1 swap swappers build builds fuel pump requirements size fourth gen V6 pump enough support etc etc etc

Quick Reply: 99 F body V6 pump same as an LS1 pump?