Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

msd 6010 users-chips vs laptop timing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

Default msd 6010 users-chips vs laptop timing

i recently got my ls engine running, i had the #4 chip in it just for fire up, and switched to a #6 chip for the additional timing-it seemed to help, and now i am gonna try and use the laptop to dial it in with a little more int. timing
how did your engine run with just the chips, before using the laptop?
my combo is an lq4, z06 cam, springs, 317 heads, forged rods/pistons, procharger d1sc, intercooler(everything rebuilt)
i havent had a chance to drive it yet, still need to finish the body, brakes, interior (69 chevelle) i know the carb is good, i took it off a past procharged project-i have an lc-1 mounted on the dash, so i can mon. my afr's, it seems to like a rich mixture at idle, but i still feel whats best desc. as not a clean rev, almost like a plug that is a little fouled, but i changed plugs, the new ones look good-(switched from autolites to ngks)i used a temp gun, cyls all seemed to be firing-my guess is maybe with dialing in a better timing curve, i can clean it up, maybe it needs to be taken out and run to really clean the cyls out-then try the laptop adjustments? learning about ls engines and having a computer do the work for you instead of something i can phy see and change a little diff, for sure

Quick Reply: msd 6010 users-chips vs laptop timing