Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need help

OK i found a 98 s10 for a really good deal with a blown motor. now im thinking about swapping in a 5.3 and need some help and opinions. OK now originally i was thinking about going carbed as i would assume this was easier and cheaper, but i have been reading about conversion harness and whatnot but im still not sure. Im looking for a good cheap swap so maybe you can shed some light also im looking to have over drive so i was wondering what transmission you would recomend. thanks jamescb77
Old 04-29-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what your term of cheap is. My swap is coming out to $10k on my current truck because of heavy mods and a 6.2L to boot. I've done a couple of 5.3 swaps at around the $5k range said and done. Now thats w/ all the available conversion parts that could be purchased and installed. Like the conversion mounts,V8 radiator,Sanderson headers,Current performance wiring..... You can do alot on a budget using the weldable 98-99 camaro manifolds,doing your own wiring,and fabbing your own motor mounts. Hope this helps.