Sponsored by:

Buick Reatta?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buick Reatta?

Hey Everyone.

A buddy of mine is looking into swapping an LSx into his 1990 Reatta.

Doubt this has been done before, he is currently lookin into the LS4's because their already a FWD setup.

Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ooooh, that could be cool... I don't have any technical info for you (sorry! ), but I've always thought that those were some of the best-looking cars to come out of that era. Tell him to do it!

(Thinking out loud - I wonder if it'd be at all similar to a Catera...?)
Old 05-02-2008, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

I know an LS4 would be significantly easier to start with, mostly because the only "disadvantage" of swapping a LS4 into a fiero is the fact it wont play nice with a manual transmission currently. The mounts, axles, and such that you have to change for the transmission, would be quite easy with a welder and some tricky junkyard moves.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:20 PM

Thanks for posting. I am looking to do this as the Reatta is a beautiful car, but it lacks power. The engine was constantly ignored by the old owners, hasn't had an oil change in 3 or 4 years etc. and the list goes on. I want to stay away from the typical 3800 S/C conversion as I see too many. I love the LS4 as well and have heard nothing but good things. The car currently has an auto which they only came with. However, the transmission will go in instead of the orignal unit and am really wanting to be able to use the paddle shifters as well. I assume I would have to change the whole steering column but that is fine because this one is broken anyways. It will be an expensive project but well worth it in the long run plus I have time. My driver is a Lesabre T-Type and my show car is a 1988 Reatta so I have both regions covered to be able to not have a time limit on this car.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086013.html

Quick Reply: Buick Reatta?