TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2nd gen. camaro motors mounts for ls1 swap

does anyone know where i can find 2nd gen. camaro motors mounts for ls1 swap
Old 05-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Gen F-body LS1 swap

The company I am buying my swap kit for my G-body is called BPR. They also make a swap kit for the 2nd Gen F-bodies. Their are many kits out there, but this company has everything figured out, in my opinion. They know what and what does does not work together. Check the other postings by BPR.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

is there a website for it and thanks a lot i need to order some asap
Old 05-08-2008, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

I have some for a 2nd gen camaro for sale PM me if you want them. I had to sell the car before I got everything.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Edlebrock has engine adapter plates for the 2nd Gen F-body (#6701) along with Long Tube headers (#67073) and Header back Exhaust system (this one is just going into production). The Engine mounting plates keep the engine as close to its OEM location so things like the transmission are in there correct location, this way if you want to keep your existing trans stuff like the driveshaft and trans crossmember should not require altering. It should work with all available transmission kits on the market, like for T56 and TKO's.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EdelExh
Edlebrock has engine adapter plates for the 2nd Gen F-body (#6701) along with Long Tube headers (#67073) and Header back Exhaust system (this one is just going into production). The Engine mounting plates keep the engine as close to its OEM location so things like the transmission are in there correct location, this way if you want to keep your existing trans stuff like the driveshaft and trans crossmember should not require altering. It should work with all available transmission kits on the market, like for T56 and TKO's.

Yep, I just bought their mounts for my swap in to a 2nd gen.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
http://www.brphotrods.com/2nd%20gen%20ls1%20kit.html

John,

This is Phil from BRP hot rods here is a link to the site and a picture of the kit call me if you have any questions. I also have headers on the way as well a GM brake adapter kits to put modern GM disc brakes on your 2nd gen and the only bolt in shock relocation kit on the market to move your factory staggered shocks to inside the frame rails for extra tire and brake caliper clearance.

Thanks
Phil
770-751-0687
www.BRPHotRods.com

So Phil I want to retain the stock "horse shoe" shifter in my 72 camaro
will your kit allow this with the ls1/4l60e combo
And what headers are you recomending using? Oil pan?

If Edelbrock happens to read this Im curious as to your answers ?
Thanks Dave.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

sweet thanks for the info
Old 05-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all the info Phil!
Impressive work all the way around!
I'm trading my motorcycle for a ls1 and 4l60e out of a 2002 camaro in the morning and I'm trying to fund getting it into my 72 camaro as "cost effectively" (I'm a cheap/broke mother flower) I can tell your kits are worth the money if i can come up with it ill be talking to you soon ....what do you about the whole fuel tank issue? any low budget tips?
Thanks! Dave.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Teching In

So phil do i take it my f body ls1 pan wont work with your kit?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

I bought the BRP kit for my 79 T/A. I have to say I was a little disappointed. They make it seem like the frame brackets will bolt right up using factory drilled holes. They don't. You have to mock up everything making sure the engine is level and in line with the pinion on the rear end. If you're off, you'll keep wearing out u-joints on the drive shaft. Then mark the holes to be drilled. Its also nearly impossible to bolt the frame brackets to the frame when the suspension is all put together. You just can't get a nut on the bolt from the bottom. There's also a lot of play between the mount and the frame bracket because the bolt holes where the main long bolt goes that connects the mount to the frame bracket are all slotted. There's also about half an inch of play between the frame bracket and the mount which may cause the engine to slide back and forth. You can put washers in between to prevent this from happening. If you use a T56 , you have to widen the trans tunnel, another thing that isn't mentioned on their site. I thought this kit would eliminate guess work for the price, its not cheep! There are a lot variables that you have to consider even when using this kit. Another thing, the picture thats posted is not the kit I got for 2nd Gen F body. The holes aren't even drilled in the cross member.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Thanks for your input!
I wonder more and more if i shouldnt just sell this ls1 4l60e set up and go back to work on my 66 396 4spd chevelle project as my f body is a current runner!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

After working with the Ls motors, I'd never go back. The engineering just isn't there in the old motors. Working on the Ls motors is just so much easier. I'm not saying to not do it, just do your research before you start. Soon it engulfs you like an illness. A mania if you will. You live you learn. The only thing better than learning from your mistakes is learning from someone else's.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Haha thats the other thing im affraid of!
Once i put the ls1 in my second gen im probably gonna have to use my freshly built 396 for my 66 chevelle pro tour project as a boat anchor and start searching for a ls7 or better
If only i was more than a broke jr college student studying collision repair!
Any bodt wanna trade body and paint for an install?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:03 AM
FormerVendor

Chevelle 66

Your going to need the LH8 oil pan for a easy install and ill give you a core trade in on the F-Body pan we use them in the 58-64 B-Body kit.

Transam mania

We recently revised all our older kits and phased out the older rubber kit that you received. The new Muscle Rod line came out this month and is the 5th generation of conversion kits from BRP and is being offered at the same price we sold our older rubber kit for. We constantly are improving how we do these kits to make them easier to install and of higher quality. We even are working on templates that will be included with the kits, that show were we recommend to place the motor mount on the K-member.

With the new kit I have not been able to test the trans tunnel with the T-56 because the previous mock up cars trans tunnel was removed. I had a 70 trans am dropped off by a forum member this Saturday and were going to check everything out with the LH8 and a T-56 and drop it off for header mock up, if it needs any stretching of the trans tunnel ill include it with the new install guides.

Thanks
Phil
Old 06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok well i went with the edelbrock motormounts #6701 and these things worked awesome..i got them in with a breeze and the best thing about my ls1 oil pan cleared big time and there is no need to buy a different oil pan...these mounts have saved me a bunch of money and recommend them to anyone doing a swap

Quick Reply: 2nd gen. camaro motors mounts for ls1 swap