Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need straightforward answer. cts-v t56 on trailblazer ss ls2

Old 05-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need straightforward answer. cts-v t56 on trailblazer ss ls2

What exactly is it going to take to mate the cts-v t56 to my '05 trailblazer ss ls2?

Will the caddy bellhousing bolt on? Do i need the caddy clutch/fly? Seems to be the cheapest option i've found for a t56...unless somebody wants to give me a stupid cheap deal on their working t56

Help?

Thanks!

-Cam
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would also like to know if you need the flywheel from a cts-v to use it's t56. any input would help.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Howdy Jonus! Do you have or are you planning to use the CTS-V T-56 in your Z?

As I understand it, (bumping the thread in hopes someone that DOES know will chime in), is that to use the CTS V trans, you can use the F-bod, GTO, CTS-v, or Vette clutch and flywheel, tough they must be used as as matching package, i.e. you cannot swap CTS disc. Pressure plate, flywheel with the other LSx clutch components.
The CTS slave is also shorter so will require a sleeve when used with the GTO/F-bod clutch/flyhwheel packages.
One conversion is the LS7 clutch and flywheel package with dedicated slave.

http://www.corvettedoctor.com/CTSV_Z06_Clutch.html

I am in the process of installing an LSx in my ’93 Nissan 300-ZX and I am seriously considering the CTS trans for its remote shifter, (identical in design/function to the 300-ZX shifter), but I’m not sure about the CTS-V yoke arrangement. It looks like might be a fixed yoke, i.e. does not slip in and out of the tail housing for the trans. I have found mixed reports on whether or not it is a simple pullout so you could use a standard GM slip yoke or not. One report said something about removing the center bolt, it then slips out, and just insert the replacement GM T-56 yoke…

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need straightforward answer. cts-v t56 on trailblazer ss ls2