Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does vats disable the injectors and fuel pump?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default does vats disable the injectors and fuel pump?

im doing my final wiring (i.e.) permanent wiring. and my ecu doesnt send a signal for the fuel pump (c101 pin d ) but if i give the fuel pump a straight 12 volts it fires right up and runs smooth.

so i was wondering, i thought the vats disabled just the fuel pump? if so my little vats box might not be working. or does it disable BOTH the fuel pump and the injectors?

if it disables both my relay might be bad for the fuel pump (and it actually could be sending a signal) and that would mean the vats bypass is working.

anyone know?????????????
Old 05-19-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Vats bypassed should still send a signal to prime the pump when the key is first turned on. It should then kill the injectors after about 3 seconds of run time.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your using a vats bypass box, that may be correct behavior.

The vats system will disable injectors if the correct key was not found after about 3 seconds.

Ryan
Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mc ss, thanks for the answer. at first read, i was gonna be like "so is that a yes? or no?.

but iafter thikning about it , youmade complete sense. i was checking for voltage at the relay (had not hooked up fuel pump yet). so i would turn the key on then walk over to my relay box, and check for voltage and see none. so i was confused because the injectors were working fine, i mena it runs right?

so i ran a wire from my relay to the fuel pump and instead of looking for voltage i just listend and sure enough i heard it prime and shut off so i turned the key to start and she runs YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: does vats disable the injectors and fuel pump?