Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

step by step s10 ls swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default step by step s10 ls swap?

does anyone know of a thread that gives a good deal of info step by step on an ls s-10 swap?

i read the 80 pages of the s10sl1ers and there is very little useful info and what is there is very scattered.

i dont care if its on an s10 forum or here, i just cant see m to find one. i just started a swap (s-10 & 5.3) and now i need more good info. i did mine on my 68 camaro and there were so many good threads.

oops my snap on guy just pulled into my driveway.
any help greatly appreciated.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:14 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is some information I put together.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/p...x-swap-283608/

Hope it helps.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search on s10forum under the LSx section. my thread is called "swap time finally" and i put on lots of pictures and talked about what i did. might help you out some. did it all my self and only took me about a week.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out my thread. I think i did a pretty good job documenting the swap. I went carbed though so alot of your injection (if thats what your doing) questions may not be answered.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

thanks guys and hey black x is that 99 bucket dude useing the same mounts as you? thats one of the questions i had lately. when i did my 68 camaro i used adapters then small block mounts.

and you guys have been saing jags that run.... so are the upper mounts that bolt directly to the block and then to 2.8 lowers (and can you use 2.8 lowers on a second gen dime?) or are they adapters then small block s-10 mounts?

we gutted the truck last night and today we are picking up the 5.3 in about an hour. yeahhhhh pics to follow....
Old 05-29-2008, 03:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by leonpiper69
thanks guys and hey black x is that 99 bucket dude useing the same mounts as you? thats one of the questions i had lately. when i did my 68 camaro i used adapters then small block mounts.

and you guys have been saing jags that run.... so are the upper mounts that bolt directly to the block and then to 2.8 lowers (and can you use 2.8 lowers on a second gen dime?) or are they adapters then small block s-10 mounts?

we gutted the truck last night and today we are picking up the 5.3 in about an hour. yeahhhhh pics to follow....
Jagsthatrun are the mounts I am using. They are a solid upper with a 2.8L lower. I changed the inserts to poly. The 2.8L lowers fit the 2nd gen just fine. May require tapping a hole though.

Im not to sure what Bucket used I can find out though.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black X
Jagsthatrun are the mounts I am using. They are a solid upper with a 2.8L lower. I changed the inserts to poly. The 2.8L lowers fit the 2nd gen just fine. May require tapping a hole though.

Im not to sure what Bucket used I can find out though.

the 101's or the 108's they have v8 and ls1? they may seem like a no brainer i just want to order the correct ones first, ide like to have this done by the end of next week.

i just unloaded our new 5.3 and my batteries are dead..... but it looks like any other 5.3 anyway.

anyone have the pinouts for the plugs on these motors (not the pinouts on the ecu end. i want to try to plug the black rectangle dirctly in to the fuse/relay center, so maybe i can just repin it. and there are some extra plugs on it that are diff from my ls1 harness so i may have to ask a few questions on what stuff is.

thanks
Old 05-29-2008, 06:21 PM
8 Second Club

108's

I can maybe help ya out with the pinouts if you can let me know a little more specificly what your looking for.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

well, ya know how a camaro/firebird harness has a c100 c101 and c105 and the blue one and the white one? well so far i figued out this harness has a black rectangle box that plugs into the bottom of the fuse relay center.

i figure thats like the 100/101/105 plugs. and since i have the old 2.2 harness, i can just cut it off and connect the wires i need to the old rectangle plug and plug her in, no? theres also a blue plug and a white plug near that rectangle plug but i dont know what it is.

Quick Reply: step by step s10 ls swap?