Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anything I am Missing????

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is there anything I am Missing????

So I have been sitting here feeling like a have forgotten something on my Carb'd LS1 2Gen Camaro Build. Like.......
"Do I need a vacuum booster for my power brakes"

"Do I have to use a manuel oil pressure gauge or can I use the factory LS1 sensor"?

"Can my factory temp sensor work with my dash gauge"?

"Which belt do I use for a Car without powersteering"?

"Do I need somesort of adaptor to run a LS1 Vette Alt on my 2nd Gen Camaro's Electrical system"?

"Will a 600cfm carb work with my cam specs until I get a 650cfm carb"?

Specs on everything I am doing found on my Cardomain link, plus maybe there are some other things I may have forgotten.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A vacuum booster would be really nice for power brakes

I just installed autometer ultra lite guages in my engine, gave up trying to use the factory sensors.

For the belt you are running only the alternater, down low, where it mounts on an fbody? And then you still have a tensioner up on the passenger head? like the pic? The belt is a 6 rib 53". Advanced Auto sells them for like $11

To run the vette alternater i know you need 12v wired with a 470ohm resister to pin B, and i believe you also need a 12v supply to Pin A as the vette alternaters are the same as truck alternaters I THINK

600cfm will work fine. You could run a 450 if you wanted. Im only running a 750 vac secondary. I have 72 primarie jets, 76 seconday, 6.5 power valve, and will have a 50cc accelerater pump if i cant tune the off idle stumble out tomorrow now that i have my MAP.
Attached Thumbnails Is there anything I am Missing????-belt.jpg  
Old 05-30-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shawn,

Does the amount of belt to water pump pulley contact provide enough to drive the water pump like shown in the photo? Seems like it's questionable, but I frankly never tried that little to know if it works without slippage.

Andy1
Old 05-31-2008, 05:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works fine. That is not my car in the pic but its the best pic i had to show the belt setup. I havent driven mine yet, just done some high rpm tuning with the carb and such and no temp problems at all. I am running a factory LT1 radiator and electric fans. If i try hard enough when the engine is off i can get the belt to slip with both hands but i dont see it being a problem. It may slip sliughtly around 6-7k but i doubt most will spend much time around that rpm. I'm not worried about it at all. Alot of others run their belt like this. I figure if there ever was a prolbem i would just buy the Katech solid adjustable tensioner and just tighten it down alot. That would solve the problmem