Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moroso 20140 pan install ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moroso 20140 pan install ?'s

Hey, I got the moroso conversion oilpan and pickup for my 64 chevelle and was surprised that it didnt come with any type of instructions. I bought it new from Jegs and it did come with a very generic instruction sheet but I figured Id ask here for any steps I should take to make this install move smoothly and work. First, I noticed that the rear flange on the pan is thin where on the OE pan it takes I think 3.5" bolts. Should I just get some pan bolts that would go on the side pan rail and use those? Second, can I use a stock seal or do I need to use a sealant. Third, Do the stock torque specs and installation procedures apply to this pan? I know these sound pretty stupid but over the years I have ran into some parts that do in fact require a special install procedure and if you dont do it right it means at the very least pulling the motor and at worst replacing it. Being that this is oil related Id like to do it right the first time. If you have any suggestions or helpful tips throw em my way. Thanks a bunch
Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

nothin huh? Ill call moroso HOPEFULLY they can help
Old 06-09-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

use a stock gasket since it sets the depth of the pickup in the pan and stock torque specs apply but you do have to get 2 shorter bolts
Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I play doh'd my pickup... with a bag around it... I dont recall the 2 shorter bolts, I have a 6.0 does that matter?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

i have the same question for the same car. do i have to remove the trans? i will post pics some time next week ive been a lil busy lately.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Teching In

The 2x shorter bolts are for the back edge of the sump, normally you have 2 long fine small threaded bolts with a stock pan.

Just take note of the pickup and windage tray. I noticed my pickup was fouling on the stock windage tray so I couldn't bolt it up, I had to clearance some of the windage tray to allow the pickup to sit plum.

But that is only on some windage trays, depends on which type you have. Just check 1st.

Quick Reply: Moroso 20140 pan install ?'s