Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 into Xtreme Blazer (Plz post opinions and helpful facts)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls1 into Xtreme Blazer (Plz post opinions and helpful facts)

Alright guys yes i know another ls1 into blazer/s10 thread, i know theres a few out there but have you tried reading any of them. They start pretty good then alot of people chime in a put some bs and then it gets crazy into a 80 page thread .
To get this started i have a 2001 Xtreme blazer with 4.3L 5spd manual, if not mistaken it has the 8.5" rear with 3.42's and g80.
http://www.geocities.com/jays_s10/ls1swap.html
Ok what i understand up to date and what i can remember right now is the following. First thing is first to remove the 4.3L and cut the crossmember (not completely but just for clearance issues).
Also read you have to swap the booster for a malibu booster to give clearance for the coils. And on the passengers side you have to cut ac box aswell. 97-98 c5 fuel rails with the regulator.
Does the 5.3 oil pan work, ive read around that the h3 oil pan works perfectly without cutting it up. is this a myth or true.
I already have electric fans and im guessing that wont have clearance issues.
I want to run a/c so what set up would i have to use to run the belt and make everything fit, anymore customising to make that work.
And since its a 4.3 i dont have to run new fuel lines, just change out the fuel pump correct me if im wrong.
And since its the 5spd manual would my tranny just bolt onto the engine.
if im missing anything plz remind me like i said theres some thing i dont know.
(and yes guys this would be the first swap i do, my dad is a mechanic and he doesnt want to help me because he does not support my engine swap, when he sees me stuck he might give me a hand, but if i get things clear and he sees me doing everything right hell be proud lol)
Old 06-20-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Zip over here and read up....

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/p...x-swap-283608/
Old 06-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Teching In

yeah i was making the thread while black x pmed me that link...
Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Teching In

ok so on the a/c i can leave it on the original mount but id have to notch the frame to make it fit and run new lines to reach the desired spot....
what im still not to clear about is the fuel system...
would i need the lsx fuel rails or how would i go about to finish this,
and if i change out the fuel rails what filter do i have to use i see different setups but am not clear with all of them
Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Fuel pump from the factory is fine. If you are keeping truck intake and rails thats what you run if it is a return system then you do not need a vette filter/pressure regulator, If you run car intake or truck intake that is a non return style system then you use the vette filter/regulator. Notch the frame for the a.c and fab new lines. Next step is to go to the s10 page and read absolutely everything there because it is all there. I don't mind helping people on things here and there on this topic because I did the same when I started doing my truck. I'm not bashing you but you will save a lot of time, frustration and learn what works and why stuff that does not work will not work. Don't be too certain your fans you have now will work. There are a lot of issues that go into the fan clearing and functioning correctly. On mine I am running the 4.3 radiator with the flexalite fans and it cools perfectly in 100+ degree weather with the a.c on and does not get hot in traffic. I am running vette front accessories and an ls2 water pump and the ls2 vette oil pan with headers and mounts from JTR. My stock drivehshaft fit wo problems mine is an ext cab though. The a/c lines were a bitch I tigged lines onto a suction discharge hose asm and then made the lines. If you look somewhere in the s10 thread around the first of this year you can go see pictures of mine in my photobucket. 01ws6/tamu Plan for this to get really expensive and last a lot longer than you anticipated.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

For fuel lines I went with russel slip lock fittings and hose. I used a flare to a/n adaptor at the fuel filter on the supply side to the engine and cut the flexible lines off of a full size chevy pickup and used compression fittings on my frame lines and connected the supply and return directly to back side of the vette filter using OEM gm lines. The lines I snagged are the lines that hook up to the fuel rail are used on 99-02 FS chevy trucks. I cut the lines about three inches behind the crimp where the flexible line joins the hard line. That way when I made the connection on my truck the compression unions were hard line to hardline and then I put red locktite on the compression fittings to ensure they would never come loose. If you look in my pictures you will see a picture of the fuel filter asm plumbed in.

Quick Reply: Ls1 into Xtreme Blazer (Plz post opinions and helpful facts)