Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

87 supra ls1

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 supra ls1

I got a 87 supra with an LS1/T56 in it and I need a radiator to help keep it cool. I was wondering if anyone here has a supra with an LS1 and what radiator your using or if anyone has any suggestions of a good one. Also if anyone had swapped a different rear end in(maybe a ford 9" chevy 12 or 10 bolt also what gears). oh yea and any suspensions ideas the thing breaks loose pretty easy any ideas for suspension upgrades.Thanks

Chuck Renwic
Old 07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is a MkII instead of a MkIII, but I am using a GM 87 Corvette rad like a lot of the S10 swappers do and it fits fine with custom brackets. OE supra rad is down flow and vette rad is crossflow. Using dual 11" fans wired the same as LS1 fans it stays plenty cool. I did change the fan on-off temps down about 15 degreees from stock LS1.

Unles you are doing hard launches the stock rear should be fine. I did upgrade my diff with a TruTrac unit since the stock MkII units are known for puking out the spider gears with higher power levels. MkIII unit is stronger than MkII. I don't have any experience with MkIII units, but you might check out some of the Supra forums for ideas on rear axle.

What size tires are you running on the rear? I have 255/40-17 on mine and get plenty of traction.

Keith

Quick Reply: 87 supra ls1