Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 in 1990 F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 in 1990 F-Body

Alright, so I'm getting my build sheet together so I can build my LQ4 based 408 for my 1990 Trans Am. So far I'm running pretty good but I need help with the ignition and fuel. I'm wanting to run 42# injectors with this setup and was wondering what size fuel pump I should run. Also does anyone know where I can get the entire fuel system in one kit? If I could find everything from the fuel pump to the injectors and everthing in between that would be great. As for the ignition same question basically. Everything from coils to wires and whatever else I might need. This is my first time dealing with distributorless ignition so I'm kinda lost. Any help would be great.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe the Walbro 255 pump is pretty popular. I'm not sure of the part #, but I'm sure someone will mention it. As far as the ignition setup, you should be able to find all of it in the "For Sale" section on here. That's gonna be an awesome car when you finish. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by team39763
I believe the Walbro 255 pump is pretty popular. I'm not sure of the part #, but I'm sure someone will mention it.
Yep, that's what I used for my swap. I got it from an e(vil)bay vendor named "High Flow Fuel Systems" for $99 (best price I found), sent 'em a money order & it got here in 7-9 days...

I might be able to dig up the PN in my paperwork somewhere, I just told 'em to send me one for an '89 T/A w/ the L98, & it bolted right up. Good luck w/ the swap.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

I am doing the 98-02 camaro gas tank swap. I got mine from Texas Speed and Perfomance. Got it fast. Direct fit in the module. The only pain was the flexable plastic fuel line to push on to the nipple. (I streched it with needle nose pliars). As for fuel injectors I'm stock.

Quick Reply: LQ4 in 1990 F-Body