Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb guys, what fuel pump/system are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Carb guys, what fuel pump/system are you running?

I stumbled across a few articles i was reading that made me re-think my fuel system. I know my holley 750 is fine. I had run 3/8" braided steel line which i thought was fine to a brand new stock fuel tank and sending unit. I also am running a 97gph holley red fuel pump with 3/8" fittings which i am not sure if that is going to be enough. What are you all running and what power levels? I'm looking for 400rwhp+ cam only, 450rwhp+ with heads, and spraying a 150shot on top of those. At what level do you think i will need a differnt fuel pump?
Old 07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RCI 10 gallon fuel cell
1' of -12 braided hose
Magnafuel 300 with filter(900hp-NA)
-8 braided hose to inline filter
-8 braided hose to Barry Grant 4 port regulator
-6 braided hose to each fuel bowl
Speed Demon 750 mechanical secondary

I think your fuel system will be fine NA for sure. On the nitrous you might want to add another pump off a different port on your tank or go to a stand alone fuel system.

Even though I think my fuel pump would handle my engine and a 150hp shot I have a second -12 port on my sump that I am planning on running a holley blue going to a seperate regulator for the nitrous. I might do a stand alone up front, but I would really like to keep weight off the nose though.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

i run an aeromotive a1000 pump, with a #10 feed, #8 return, and the 204 reg.- i run a procharger, so i need the bigger pump, and boost ref reg
Old 07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to look at the magnafuel pumps. They are some of the only electric pumps built for sustained use, and I can tell you first hand the quality is outstanding.

I have seen more than a few holley pumps overheat because they don't have a bypass and aren't ran with a return, and they aren't built for sustained use. For the price of them though you can go through several before you get to the magnafuel's.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow haha all that sounds overkill. I was going to go with an holley black but saw this one new on ebay one night and got it for like $20 to used with my pontiac 400/400 that was in it. figured id used it with this setup. I will be running dual widebands so i guess ill just run it and see if it goes lean WOT. Still havent installed my driveshaft, have it but i'm being lazy.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by forcd ind
i run an aeromotive a1000 pump, with a #10 feed, #8 return, and the 204 reg.- i run a procharger, so i need the bigger pump, and boost ref reg
similar here, maybe overkill but i wont run out of fuel :-)

i run an A350 pump with large billet filter and integral regulator built in, -10 from tank to filter/pump and -8 return to tank. i then run a -8 to a carb regulator with two -6 out , one to each float bowl.

Quick Reply: Carb guys, what fuel pump/system are you running?