Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alternator,how big ? how many amps ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default alternator,how big ? how many amps ?

I installed a LS1 from a 2000 T/A into a 91 camaro and have to relocate the alternator. I've seen a few different relocation brakets,one uses the factory alternator and one comes with a different alternator. The camaro is a stipper not many power accessories,what i have is the T/A gauge cluster,cooling fans,camaro head tail turn lights,heater,radio,horns,cig lighter,fuzz buster wired to the fuse box,and dome lights. Will the factory T/A alternator be too much and cause problems? How many amps dose an LS1 need? Can any one point me in the right direction for an alternator relocation bracket/kit? I would like to put it in front of the passenger side cylinder head. My 84 camaro stripper had a 92 305 TPI used a 40 amp alternator and ran great. Whats the amperage of a 2000 T/A alternator 120,140?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our kit uses a 105 amp alternator which is more than sufficient to run that car and the electronics.... Thats what I will be running on my 91 z28 conversion...
I can sell it as a whole kit or if you plan to keep power steering I can do the half kit for 400.00
http://carshop.carshopinc.com/produc..._id/88927/9998

Quick Reply: alternator,how big ? how many amps ?