Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes w202 LSx swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mercedes w202 LSx swap

I've been hung up thinking/researching a LS1'd BMW 3-series swap for a couple of years, and have recently been giving thought to a swap C-class benz (1993-2000) instead. I don't necessarily have a "thing" for german cars, I just want 4 doors, rear while drive, a reasonably light sedan, capable handling......and some power!

I've seen a couple other threads on this forum regarding this topic, but they did'nt go very far.

The benz being offered with I4's and v6's (and a v8?),....seems like it would lend itself rather well to such a swap.
What kind of steering setup did w202's use? (that is a big issue with the BMW E36 swaps, custom headers,steering linkages,brake boosters) Fitting the engine with stock exhaust manifolds would be a plus.

Obviously the electrical portion would be a pain....were these cars using a CAN BUS?

Idealy, i'd prefer a T56..... but an automatic might be suitable if it were less trouble (smaller?idk) and less money. (LSx/4L60e = le$$, alot more MB C's out the with auto's too) There are lots of w202's out there and they are becoming rather reasonable to obtain.

Last edited by hefftone; 08-01-2008 at 03:14 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a look at this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=ls1+190e

A W202 definitely has CAN systems that will complicate the swap but if you're capable of doing the swap your self, figuring out how to get around the CAN issue shouldn't be an a problem.

Quick Reply: Mercedes w202 LSx swap